Tuesday, May 1, 2007

For my son

The Brush

Young, beautiful boy
See through my eyes and prepare your journey.

Take my hand so that I may help you begin to
live and love in the vibrancy of your transcendent soul.

Take this brush and together we will begin to paint on the
canvas of your life.

Hand in hand I will guide your brush but not direct.

When I let slip my grasp you will know you are the artist
of your life's design.

You will live the life you choose but you will never be alone
in doing so.

I will be there within you and without.

You are the distinct and profound expression of the love in my life
and all those who have come before us.

So, hold on high that which brought you to me and will forever be
a part of who you are.

As you are the only true answer to why I ever was.

On some special day you will become the shepherd of another soul.

Bring forward that which we have learned together and apart,
and start anew.

With a gentle hand, display the artistry of your life and endow
the next with all that you are and could ever be.

And as the painting of your life matures and you turn to face the
result of your creation, look for me watching you.

1 comment:

Dawn Treader said...

I read all your sites this a.m. , before work. Everything is working well. Will write more later